




So, yeah... sad weekend in the thurston household, we didnt get to go on our vacation. I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, maybe next year. Sunday was Cate's first day in nursery, wow, i cant explain how wonderful it is to finally let her go in there. I feel so sorry for the nursery leaders. They have way to many kids and not enough support and the air conditioner doesnt work. They really need some help(im not offering). I was present for the best conversation ever on Thursday. It took place at my kitchen table at lunch between Emma and Elise and it went like this,
(while eating their lunch)
Emma- Elise I love you!
Elise- (silence)
Emma- dont you love me Elise?
Elise- um.....sometimes
Emma- When don't you love me?
Elise- (silence)
Emma- when you go to your grandmas i miss you
Elise- when you go to your grandmas i dont miss you
( at this point emma misunderstands and thinks elise says she does miss her)
Emma- but its ok because i come home and your not sad anymore
Elise- ........i wasnt sad
Emma-.........lets go watch a movie
Elise- OK
So about the time Elise says "sometimes" i am laughing almost uncontrollably. Its just so funny to see their little personalities. Elise is funny and layed back about things. Emma is so emotional and sentimental its almost ridiculous. I guess my favorite thing is that they are so different but still get along so well. I hope they never grow out of that.
P.S.
This conversation does not mean elise doesnt love emma, i think it just shows how different people talk about their emotions. Emma is going to be one of those people that are to in touch with her emotions.......YEAH for me!( if you cant tell, thats sarcasm)
2 comments:
This one made me lol. :)
I can totally picture the whole thing. Its just like both of them.
Post a Comment