Well this week has been really fun. My parents and younger sister were able to fly over and stay for several days. We had a blast, there is alot more to do here then in Bakersfield and we were determined to go see some sights.
But first we started with the flea market that is in my little town, i love this place and go every Saturday, all by myself. I don't always buy something, but i usually come out with at least a pair of 1$ earrings. We decorated Parker's room with lots of trains, horses and cars, we found there.
We also went to the Louisville Slugger Factory, it may sound kinda lame but it was actually really fun and was in a really old part of town so the buildings are beautiful. We played around the museum for a while and took lots of fun pictures. We got lost on the way to Churchill Downs, the place where the Kentucky Derby is. When we finally got there we were laughing so hard, `at ourselves and my dads back seat driving comments.
- side note- My dad broke his shoulder about 3 weed ago and its really bad, he had surgery and is going to have more. He is taking a lot of pain killers, and i mean a lot. He was dazed or sleeping the whole time. So he was making funny and rude comments all while sitting in the back seat with his eyes closed and his head on a pillow. sad but funny!
The derby looks like it would be a lot of fun, but i think its really hard to get tickets.
Me and my sister went shopping and out to lunch the next day, we were going to go to Cincinnati, but my dad was tired from the previous day. I love hanging out with my sister and i love when my mom babysits, for 5 hours!!!
The kids had a blast playing and loving everyone.
Easter Sunday we had a great time, we had a little party with people who have no family around like us. There were 9 adults and a gaggle of kids. Luckily i just bought a new table that is beautiful and seats 10 people with the leaf. I got it at Pottery Barn and paid an arm and a leg but it is well worth it.
We ate a lot of yummy food and the kids had an Easter egg hunt, while it snowed.
Yes it snowed, I really want it to be spring and warm I'm tired of snow and rain.
Me and the girls got cute new dresses, courtesy of our loving dad! I bought the girls dresses too late and i couldn't find any white sweaters or sweaters that match, but they still looked cute, cold but cute. I bought my dress at Dress barn and new shoes at TJ max, my new favorite places to shop. I always thought that Dress Barn was for old woman but i really like some of the dresses they have.
My kids are really tired and seem to be coming down from the sugar high they were on all day yesterday, they are all crying and i am desperately trying to ignore them. Cate is the hardest to ignore because she gets right in your face and cries. Its lovely, really.
This week is supposed to be nice so we should be able to go to the park and do some fun stuff. We will also we starting to look for houses. I hate the house we are in and desperately want to get out of it. There are no places to rent around here so we will be buying, now that our Cali house is being rented.
-Sidenote- Cate just burped in my face, twice!
I think that is all for now.
By the way Jocelyn is responsible for my cute new look and is welcome to change it as often as she likes!!!
2 comments:
I think its just WRONG for it to be snowing during an egg hunt. Perfect post...keep it up! :)
We missed you and your family so so so much this Easter. It just felt odd not to have the Thurston's there for dinner and the egg hunt. We miss you guys a ton.
Karyn
PS I started a blog also you can get to it from Anna's :)
Post a Comment