Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Ice storm
Well we survived last week and all the ice that came through our area. We had a dreadful week, it started with Richard leaving and then me and the kids got really sick. There was so much pooping and puking i thought i might die from the smell. Wed. we woke up to no power and the house a little chilly. Luckily we had plenty of wipes an diapers and food. but by Thursday morning my kids were tired of being cold and eating sandwiches. We went to breakfast, after a friend of ours dug my car out of the snow and ice. Most of the town was still out of power but a friends had gone on the evening before. So after breakfast we went over there and ended up spending the night. Richard came home late and was with us at our friends house. Luckily the power came on that night so we could go home Friday. Friday and Saturday were spent cleaning and doing laundry. We were very lucky to have friends help us and offer things to keep us warm and fed. Now we are fully aware of how unprepared we truly are. But we are working to fix that right now. We are writing list and preparing budgets to buy the things we will need next time. I'm glad this happened so that we can see the danger of not being prepared. But we are all good now and the snow has been shoveled and melted and the power is keeping us warm once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think that we are all thinking about what we need to buy to stay warm without a fireplace if the power goes out again. I still can't believe that you slept at your house the first night. I'm just glad that the power is back on.
I glad that you guys are good now that would really suck to have no power and to be so cold. I know that I'm so very lucky that I have great friends that I can count on with out any family around they are my family I love my freinds and I so glad that I have them.
I heard about all the terrible storms out that way. I'm glad to hear you're okay!
Post a Comment