Saturday, February 28, 2009

the passing of the torch

It has been an amazing week. i have learned that children really do pass along their secrets to their siblings, and when the younger has out schooled the older they will quietly fall into the background. Well maybe not quietly but Cate has definitely passed her torch of evil genius. Cate has taught Parker everything that she knows thus far and he has absorbed it like a sponge. But this week Parker has out down even Cate, he taught himself how to unlock and open the dishwasher, even with the "lock" button engaged. Doing dishes has turned into an even bigger nightmare and i now am required to guard the washer until he looses interest in it. This alone does not sound too evil genius to me, but put at the end of a long list of things Parker does on a daily basis, i think he is the winner of the ninja trophy.
things Parker and Cate do together everyday.
Play in my makeup
lock the doors, any door to any room
flush things down the toilet
turn on the bath and get in
use toys,laundry baskets,ottomans, and pillows to climb on to the counters and into the fridge
climb in freezer (we have a bottom freezer)
knock printer off desk, breaking it
hang from chandelier
use phone to call people i don't know
turn on phone then loose it, and it dies
rip up library books
climb into dryer
clog up bathroom sink with toilet paper
take all clothes off and run around naked
stand on desk and dance
put DVDs in the VCR
pull tape out of Videos
hide under my bed, then get stuck

I'm sure there are a few more things but this is what i do all day long, clean up their messes.
I'm tired just thinking about it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahah!!! I wish I was witnessing all this!

Melynda said...

Yikes! Maybe I'll stick with two kids. At least your days are exciting!

Susan said...

What a handful those two are! I though Micah was bad, but I think you win.

Alexis said...

Geez, I don't think that Megan will be coming over anymore... JK, you need to put her to work when she gets off the bus to clean up something or sit on one of the kids. Please use her, I don't mind. As long as it helps your day go easier.