While we were lounging on the beach this crazy bird was standing a few feet away. He just stood there for a really long time and never moved he was a beautiful bird, i dont know what kind he is though.
On the island all the MANSIONS, yes mansions, were backed by canals so they could keep there boats ready at all times. Man, what a hard life these people lead! :)
Just a beautiful day at the beach
Sanibel is know for the beaches being made out of sea shells, here we are standing on the beach. We collected some for the kids and put them in their bathroom. my foot is still swollen from my surgery, so my shoes dont fit very well!
Driving in our rag top jeep, cruising. I'm not gonna lie we thought we were pretty cool.
Now we are ready for our next vacation. We had way to much fun together!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Sanibel Island
Me and Richard decided to take our very first alone trip since our honeymoon. We will have our 9th anniversary this year and we needed a break from life. We found out from a friend that Sanibel island in Florida was a great place so off we went. We actually stayed in a beautiful resort and spa in Fort Meyer which is right at the bridge leading to the island. We were there for 4 days and we think i inhaled 15 pina coladas (virgin, of course). We layed by the beach and the pool and went to the spa and we have never been so relaxed before!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good for you guys. You look good! I'm glad you guys had fun, I can't wait till we get to do something like that. Maybe you should come to Bako for a little vacation?? hhmmmm?????????
It is so nice to get away from life...Sanibel Island looks beautiful. You guys look great!
What a fun trip! I love my kids, but sometimes you just gotta get away you know?
way too much fun. I can't wait till Josh and I can take a trip all my ourselves. It looked gorgeous and warm. I'm sick of the snow days here too.
Glad to catch up a bit with the Thurston's. Elyse still talks about "I miss my friend Emma who moved away, I want to write her letters and send them in the mail"
Post a Comment