Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Aniversary!

Me are Richard have been married for 7 years now. I cant believe its been that long. It has really flown by. I wish we had some pictures but none of them are on the computer. We were married on May 5th 2001. We were sealed in the Bountiful temple. It was the most wonderful day i can remember. Me and my mom were late getting to the temple and i remember Richard standing at the front desk looking slightly worried, and handsome. My whole family was there and so was Richards. We had a reception at the Temple Square Hotel ( i think that's what is was called) it been torn down for awhile, but it was beautiful. We went to Cali for our honeymoon, lots of beaches and Disneyland. I will spare you too much info :)
Our last stop was Chico( that's where I'm from) for a second reception for everyone in Cali. We had a fantastic time and are still married so i guess we are stuck!

Also in other new Parker is now 7 months old and is getting pretty big. He is not really into big people food and doesn't seem interested in crawling or rolling or even scooting. The girls never moved either, until they crawled so that is not a big surprise to me. He is really smart and cute and a good baby. This last month he has really started to develop a personality. He likes attention and likes to talk and be talked to. He loves watching his sisters and prefers to be in the play room with them. I don't normally put him in there because Cate thinks its fun to feed him weird stuff. He really likes noise and music. If the toy he is playing with doesn't have noise he gets tired of it quick. Last week he ate his first french fry and Ritz cracker. I'm going to start weening him because I'm going to Girls Camp next month and i will be gone for 4 days. He really likes to nurse so its been difficult so far.

funny story-

me and Emma were eating lunch and she asked me what fasting was. I was explaining that you can go without eating and pray for something important to you and it will help your Parry be stronger and you feel better(this is for a 4 yr.old) I continued eating and i look up and she is eating really fast ans i say " why are you eating so fast"
Emma, " I'm fasting for Grandpa Barry"
Me, " but to fast you don't eat..."
Emma, "no you eat fast"
Me, "OK"
Emma, "you don't want your dad to be sick , do you!"
Me, " no I want him to feel better"
Emma, " then you better eat fast, for grandpa Barry and grandpa Thurston, because we love them"
Needless to say we ate a very fast lunch :)

Another funny story happened that same day. Richard retold it to me and we both laughed for a long time.
When Rich came home Emma came into the room and said
"daddy i have something to show you"
Rich, "What is it"
Emma, "sshhh, my balls are sleeping"
Rich laughs and says, "what"
Emma, " sshhh, daddy, my balls are asleep"
Rich more laughter and can barely contain himself "what"
Emma then takes him into her room and carefully unfolds several towels that hold two big bouncy balls.
Emma. " see, my balls are sleeping"
If you did not think that was funny then you don't belong in my house!!!!
SSHHH, my balls are sleeping!

i am going to post pictures later, i really need to do laundry!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny Nat! Thanks for the stories, I'll laugh for days and of course I'll tell everyone who will listen!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary/Cinco De Mayo!

Read this funny little story my cousin in law related a while back....very funny, your little story reminded me of it.

http://clementhappenings.blogspot.com/2008/04/ding-dong.html

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Jesus and I laughed really hard at the ball story.

Coley said...

And that is how you know, we all have a little twelve year old boy buried somewhere in our psyche.
I just spit out yogurt when I read that story.
Happy anniversary! Holy crap, I don't think I've ever done anything for 7 years.

Laura Jansson said...

Ok, so I just found your blog through Ashly's. CUTE! I am glad that we got to go to the zoo today, I need to have "adult time"... even if there are still kids around. :) By the way, I love the balls story--HILARIOUS!!!!!

Monica said...

You crack me up...well I guess Emma does. Tell her Monica says hi and I miss her!

Unknown said...

Oh Nat, I remember your wedding, too. You looked beautiful and I wanted to be a bride just like you. I miss Emma, Cate and Parker. I think about you guys all the time. Love you!

Erickson's said...

I remember too! The temple, the flowers, your dad, and of course you two. The thing i remember most is one of the gorgeous flower-girls, puking her guts out and having to leave early-sorry!
love you and miss ya'll!

Sapp Family said...

Oh my goodness!! Your stories always make me laugh and smile. Thank you so much for sharing them with us it's just what I needed in life right now. :)