Monday, October 6, 2008

Hard to swallow

Saturday was a great day, we had a party for Parker's birthday. Everyone had a great time. The day just flew by and then it was Sunday, i decided to check some blogs, and there on my aunts blog was a tribute to him.
I forgot, I'm not sure how i forgot, i guess it was a busy day, but there is no good excuse. Its been two years since my dad past away. And when i think of him and the time we spent together and the time we didn't, its pretty hard to swallow. I don't like to cry, but i cant help it today. I never again want to lose someone on my life that I'm no sure knows how much i love them. I think of my dad alot, maybe not everyday, but alot. I love to listen to Metalica or watch movies that he left behind. I have a really big pocket knife in my craft closet, i cant help but pull it out all the time, its the one i remember him using the most. I'm so sad that my kids will never remember him, Emma does, but only a little. Parker will never know the man he is named after and that brakes my heart. Cate will never know the man who i think she would have bonded with easily, they have the same ability to get into trouble. I cant thank my Amy enough for giving a part of herself to give my dad a few more years. I wish i could have known it would only be a few years, then i would have tried harder, i would have spent more time, i would have said i love you alittle more. Now the only thing i have is memories and pictures, and i share them with my kids in hopes that the day they meet him again, they will recognize him. And to the people far from me, i love you and i think of you often. I love Fresno, I love Bakersfield, i love payson, i love Riverton, I love st. George, i love San Diego, i love Boise, i love salt lake, i love farmington and I LOVE CHICO!!!

7 comments:

Ashly said...

oh ((nat))- what a beautiful post. Words fail me, but just want you to know I'm thinking of you.
love, ash

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Nathalie! Sometimes it's in the difficult times that we are reminded of how special each little moment is - share your favorite moments/memories of your dad with your little ones - they will come to love him as you share your thoughts and feelings about him!

Jenny said...

Don't forget Chico! Chico loves you too! I'm glad you took the time to write about your feelings. Your kids will know your dad because of the things that you do. :)

Stacy said...

i agree with Jenny don't forget Chico! Your post made me shed a tear...post partum hormones I'll blame. I remember the 2 summers we went up there together and spent time with him and your grandparents. i really consider you as the best friend i ever had, even though we are not close anymore the memories i have of us i will always hold close. oh wow the flood gates have opened. i love you and think you are a wonderful person and i know that your dad knew you loved him and you could see how much you meant to him when you guys were together.

Susan said...

Thanks for reminding all of us to say "I love you" a little more often to those we love. I love you!

Erickson's said...

I LOVE YOU NATHALIE!
I miss you and I miss him too.
Can't wait to see you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I love you Nat! And I wish I was there to hug you. You are such a blessing in my life and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to be your mother!

Love
Mom