Wednesday, January 2, 2008

catch-up time!






So much time has lapsed I'm not really sure where to start...


We spent Thanksgiving with the Thurston's in Riverton, we had a blast and some fantastic food. Emma and Cate love their cousins so much its always sad to go. But we didn't go every far and we didn't stay away very long. We traveled north to Farmington to my families house (Richard left for Kentucky) where we played hard and ate hard too!


We then went back to the Thurston's for 3 days and played some more, the girls wanted to take David and Nicole home with us, and so did I. Cate actually wanted to go home with Mark and Floresa but Floresa said she would need a housekeeper just to keep up with her...I AGREE!!


We then went back to my parents house, where we played in the snow, made a gingerbread house, played some more, fed the birds in the back yard, ate candy, ate more candy and continued to play. Their was alot of candy consumed, thank you Grandpa! Also their was a lot of dancing, Cate really got into it and would go to the stereo and yell "DANCE" until we turned on the appropriate music, A.k.A Christmas rock and roll!


We journeyed to Temple Square twice, with both families and loved it, Emma wants to get married there, which is all right with me! I love Salt Lake and enjoy being down town, i just wish there was a down town, everything is gone it is really sad.


I was able to escape my children for one night and meet up with some friends i haven't seen in a long time, Kristen Ogden and Susan Melton (Greer now). They both are amazing people who i am so glad i can still call my friends. We had a blast talking and catching up. We had dinner and it felt like we were back in Jr. high again, except we are a lot older now :)


My mom got tickets for the ballet, The Nut Cracker, so me and Jenn and Emily took Emma. We had a great time and Emma loved it. She did get alittle bored but all in all had a great time.


Richard and my brother Chris were able to fly in the weekend of the 19th, so we had an early Christmas. My brother Travis wasn't able to make it and we all missed him and how funny he is!


Then on the 16th of Dec, we were able to bless our adorable baby boy. We blessed in the the Thurston's home and then had a nice brunch. The blessing was beautiful and the food and company were amazing. I love when family can get together without any problems, it makes my life easier!


And now we are in Kentucky, holding on for dear life as the wind blows and the ground freezes, we are renting and i hope to someday be settled in and maybe make a friend, or two, or three...

2 comments:

Monica said...

Wow! Nathalie, you look GREAT!! So good to see so many pictures! I miss you guys, especially Richard. Just kidding!! I really hope you weren't still in Farmington when I was in Ogden or I'm gonna be really mad we didn't meet up. I totally would've ditched my family to have lunch with you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey hot mama! You look great - love the bangs, thinking about doing something daring to my hair, or maybe not??

So glad you were able to enjoy time with family.

Knowing you, you will make LOTS of friends in Kentucky!